

This week we were looking at weight in the human body. The above are some sketches of keyframes for a character pushing a heavy object. For my actual animation I produced one animation of a character lifting up a heavy ball. This was about 70 drawings done on 2's. To aid us with this task, our lecturer filmed us picking up a bowling ball in the studio. One thing I noticed was how much you have to exaggerate the movement you film for it to really aid your animation. I am quite pleased with the animation I produced, I think it has good weight to it. One thing I'm going to do to improve it, as suggested by my lecturer, Steve, it to have more ease in and ease out at the end where it comes to rest on the character's stomach ie. The apex of the ball will have more ease in and ease out by spacing out the drawings accordingly. I'm really looking forward to tackling this in 3D and to trying to squeeze in a push and pull animation at some point too!
Enjoy!
The quality of these videos isn't great, due to the uploading form on here. I'm going to look into a way of uploading them without losing their quality. Also, you may have to play them through twice for them to playback at the proper speed
1 comment:
Looking good. The ball does indeed look heavy...
Post a Comment